November 13, 2019 General Meeting Minuteshttp://www.34dems.org/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Carla Rogers Carla Rogers http://2.gravatar.com/avatar/ec2cd4fa6af0074e484a5a79e723ae41?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Hall at Fauntleroy
6:30 Potluck Social Time
7:00 Call to Order
- Reminder of Code of Conduct
- Pledge of Allegiance was led by Sofia Aragon
- VIP Acknowledgements
- Sofia Aragon and Kevin Schilling thanked the audience for their support during the general election. Looking forward to advocating together. Knocking on doors is how it happened.
- Aaron Garcia (Highline School District) thanked the 34th for their support during his campaign.
- Tina Podlodowski spoke about the local races and encouraging candidates. She discussed 2020 tactics and how we will need to knock doors and drive turnout across the state. Republicans will target Washington for the freshman up for reelection and the governor’s race.
- Review and Approval of the Minutes and Agenda
Ann Martin requested two edits to the October general meeting minutes. Both are in the state party update section.
- LD and County levels – by proxy
- Often Under-represented communities
A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes as amended.
- Adoption of the Agenda – A motion was made, seconded and the agenda was adopted as submitted.
7:20 Legislative Town Hall
8:37 Good of the Order
West Seattle Democratic Women are meeting at the Senior Center next Wednesday Nov. 20 and the program features Moms Demand Action.
Highline/Burien Healthcare Workers are picketing on Nov 20 2:30-6 at Highline Medical Center.
Chris Porter announced the January program about racism.
Gina announced the holiday party – December 11. Bring back the Navos cards and nominate someone for the awards being given.
9:00pm Adjourn to Locöl Barley & Vine 7902 35th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126